Monday, July 6, 2009

Laziness in Spades

So I had a hectic week of work and couldn't motivate myself to do that "30 Days of Films" thing I promised.  Yep, I'm that cool.  But at least I wrote two new full-length reviews!  I'm actually planning on doing a retrospective piece on Alain Resnais's "Last Year at Marienbad" sometime this week, and maybe a couple other interesting things if I have the time.

That said, I also just finished reading Peter Bondanella's "Italian Cinema from Neorealism to the Present," something I'm sure very few people care about, although it's a terrifically concise history of the country's best filmmakers and all its woeful problems in developing its own national voice.  He's a good author, even if he makes some noticeable stretches when he's talking about "lesser" filmmakers to try and make his thesis about Italian cinema work.  Entertaining history read though for any wacky people who'd want to jump into something like that.  Or just love Fellini.

No comments: